The Roadies have two groups, Regular and Long. Regular rides are 35-45 miles and Long rides are 50-60 (sometimes longer) miles long. There are strong riders in each group but Long riders ride for a longer time. Average speeds for the whole ride for Regular rides is 14-18 and 16-18 for the Long rides. We are not a "racing" oriented club. If someone really is too slow we make sure they know where they are and how to get back to the start. Routes are planned using RideWithGPS and the "route map" link for each ride goes to the route where you can view, download to a GPS navigation device, or print a cue sheet. Please introduce yourself when you come out on a ride. Visitors will be required to sign the NCCC waiver. Riders are expected to follow the NCCC Rules of Etiquette
on all club rides. Also of interest is this article on Info for Group Riding. S
. Thanks to our ride coordinators Dan for Regular rides
, Ursula and Kevin for Long rides, Nigel for past Sunday rides and TBD for future Sunday rides.
Saturday Long Rides
Rides start @OCRR: 8:00 am unless otherwise noted.
Ride leaders: Ursula Cunneen and Kevin Brickley
- Del Mar, Sorrento Vly, RSF, LaCosta (62 mi, 3800', route map
- Twin Oaks, Gopher, Fallbrk, Mission, Sleeping Indian, Douglas, Mesa, Vista (63.5 mi, 4000', route map
- Bandy Canyon, RB, San Dieguito Rd, DelDios (63 mi, 4000', route map
- 395 Old Castle, Couser, Rice, Ranger, Reche, Wilt, Old River, Vista (63 mi, 5100', route map
Sunday Long Rides
NOTE: Sunday rides start at different locations (directions
Ride leader: Karl Rudnick (not again ... for a while)
Sunday rides continue to start at 8:30 am unless otherwise noted.
Jan 7- Start: OCRR - Warmlands, Ranger, Green Canyon, W Lilac, Circle R (66 mi, 4400', route map)
- Start: OCRR - OCRR to San Clemente. Turn around at 7-Eleven. Bring ID for Camp Pendleton. (82 mi, 3300', route map
- Start: Daniels Market (Bonsall) - De Luz Classic counterclockwise (63 mi, 5300', route map
- Start: Karl Strauss - Poinsettia, Elfin Forest, Del Dios, RSF return (58 mi, 4000', route map