The Roadies have two groups, Regular and Long. Regular rides are 35-45 miles and Long rides are 50-60 (sometimes longer) miles long. There are strong riders in each group but Long riders ride for a longer time. Average speeds for the whole ride for Regular rides is 14-18 and 16-18 for the Long rides. We are not a "racing" oriented club. If someone really is too slow we make sure they know where they are and how to get back to the start. Route slips are provided. Please introduce yourself when you come out on a ride. Visitors will be required to sign the NCCC waiver. Riders are expected to follow the NCCC Rules of Etiquette
on all club rides. Also of interest is this article on Info for Group Riding. S
. Thanks to our ride coordinators Robert for Regular rides
, Ursula and Kevin for Long rides, Nigel for Sunday rides.
Saturday Long Rides
Rides start @OCRR: 8:00 am unless otherwise noted.
Ride leaders: Ursula Cunneen and Kevin Brickley
- Wohlford, Dn Cole Grade, Nate Harrison, Cougar Pass (dirt), Deer Springs (61 mi, 5300’, route map
- Highland-Scrips Pkwy-Espola (63 mi, 4900’, route map
- Escondido, Blk Mtn, Sorrento Vly, Carmel Mtn, DelMar Mesa, RSF (63 mi, 4200', route map
- LaJolla Shores, del Dios (69 mi, 4000', route map
Sunday Long Rides
NOTE: Sunday rides start at different locations (directions
Ride leader: Nigel Rodgers
Sunday rides continue to start at 8:30 am unless otherwise noted.
- Start: Palomar Airport - Mt Soledad Double Variation (2.5x) (68 mi, 4100', route map
- Start: OCRR - Jesmond Dene, Circle R, Sleeping Indian, Coast, Cannon (63 mi, 3600', route map
- [Cancelled - Weather Forecast
]Start: Daniel's (old Apple) Market - Temecula Wine Tour (71 mi, 5500', route map
- Start: OCRR - Twin Oaks - Melrose - Lilac - Miller - Wohlford (69 mi, 5100', route map
For all Sunday routes and history click here.