The Roadies have two groups, Regular and Long. Regular rides are 35-45 miles and Long rides are 50-60 (sometimes longer) miles long. There are strong riders in each group but Long riders ride for a longer time. Average speeds for the whole ride for Regular rides is 14-18 and 16-18 for the Long rides. We are not a "racing" oriented club. If someone really is too slow we make sure they know where they are and how to get back to the start. Routes are planned using RideWithGPS and the "route map" link for each ride goes to the route where you can view, download to a GPS navigation device, or print a cue sheet. Please introduce yourself when you come out on a ride. Visitors will be required to sign the NCCC waiver. Riders are expected to follow the NCCC Rules of Etiquette
on all club rides. Also of interest is this article on Info for Group Riding. S
. Thanks to our ride coordinators Dan for Regular rides
, Ursula and Kevin for Long rides, Nigel for past Sunday rides and TBD for future Sunday rides.
Saturday Long Rides
Rides start @OCRR: 8:00 am unless otherwise noted.
Ride leaders: Ursula Cunneen and Kevin Brickley
- ElFuerte, RSF, Del Mar La Costa (64 mi, 5300', route map
- Circle R, Green Canyon, Rice, Couser, Lilac, Old Castle, Champagne (71 mi, 5300', route map
- Twin Oaks, Elfin Forest, Carmel Vly, El Camino, RSF (55 mi, 4700', route map
- Wohlford, Cole Grade, Miller, Circle R, CDR, Warmlands (66 mi, 4300', route map
Sunday Long Rides
NOTE: Sunday rides start at different locations (directions
Ride leader: Karl Rudnick (not again ... for a while)
Sunday rides continue to start at 8:30 am unless otherwise noted.
- Start: Magee Park - John's Ride (59 mi, 4500', route map
- Start: OCRR - Bandy Canyon, Rancho Bernardo, San Dieguito Rd, Del Dios (65 mi, 4200', route map
- Start: Woodland Park - Scripps Poway Pkwy (66 mi, 4900', route map
Feb 25 -
Start: OCRR: 395 Old Castle, Couser, Rice, Ranger, Reche, Wilt, Old River, Vista (63 mi, 5100', route map